- We take men along in prisons and disciple and teach them along with inmates and officers that Christ must be formed in us to follow Jesus in successful ministry under Him:
- We all are sinners just like prisoners, and we all need Father God’s forgiveness, mercy and grace.
- There is no forgiveness of sins by God without a desire for sanctification, the cleaning and ”Healing of our Wounded Hearts”: "God from the beginning chose you for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth." - 2 Thessalonians 2:13
- Material things are not of great importance in God’s Kingdom; relationships are. The Spanish Nobleman Ignatius de Loyola understood and practiced this extremely well.
- Deny our own desires for life, replacing them with God's desires.
- Remain connected to the Vine to bear much fruit. If the Vine suffers, so must the branch.
- Seek our Father’s Glory and His Kingdom, not our own.
- Be like little children, totally dependent on God, as even "The Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He sees the Father do." - John 5:19
Today’s technological world may have science, an amazing level of knowledge and riches, but African people in their simple lifestyles still can experience God, trust God and thus have His wisdom, and it frees God to do the miraculous among them.
Westerners can bring soap, toothbrushes and candy into the prisons of Africa and do some preaching, but they cannot teach Africa what they don’t live anymore; transformed ex-prisoners however will change the world for Christ.
Can we still become like Jesus? Not on our own, but we can ask God to do it in and for us; He loves to honor such a prayer.
Our Audio Bible Teacher (ABT), often called the “Talking Bible”, allow inmates to hear the Word of God for the first time and study it. Men can then listen in small fellowship groups, discuss questions and so encourage each other in their faith.
We teach prisoners the “Healing of the Wounded Heart”, afterwards baptizing many. We evaluate how best to leave our Audio Bible Teachers in good hands for supervision and security, and then provide one ABT per cell for group listening. The players are programmed with topical bible lessons to make for an easy understandable introduction to God’s Word, followed by the bible itself.